It is recommended for all exercises to be carried out with out pain and discomfort when undertaking the Back-in-Rehab Programme. Repeated firing of pain signatures in the brain with Chronic Low Back pain may tend to reinforce the pain itself. Pain free movements help our body realise it is OK to move and be active.
- Find pain free movement, exercising within the white areas shown in your own individual Movement Map
- You should also continue with adequate pain control as recommended by your medical practitioner.
- Use a soft mat or pillows to maximise your comfort.
- During the early stages, it may be more comfortable to complete the exercise routine on your bed.
- Morning stiffness or background pain should not increase as a result of training.